Noble protectors of the Imperium, the Space Marines are superhuman warriors. Forged from youths plucked from the deadliest planets in the galaxy, their bodies modified with ancient and barely understood genetic surgery, their minds armoured with faith and discipline, they are armed with weapons and armour of ancient provenance. Each is a demigod of war, unflinching, for whom death is a duty.
– The history of the Space Marines, with a look at how these genetically engineered warriors annihilate the enemies of the Emperor with terrible force
– A Space Marines bestiary with background details for every unit and Character featured
– A showcase of stunningly painted Citadel miniatures
– Rules for Space Marines units that are available to every every First Founding Chapter, their Successors – including more diverse Chapters such as the Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels and the Deathwatch
– Rules for creating your own Successor Chapter Tactics
– Rules for upgrading your Characters to members of the Chapter Command – Chapter Ancient, Chapter Champion, Chief Apothecary, Master of Sanctity, Master of the Forge, Chief Librarian, and Chapter Master
– Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Litanies of Battle, Psychic Disciplines, Chapter Relics, and optional Secondary Objectives that define the ways that the Space Marines wage war
– Bespoke Crusade rules providing new Agendas, Requisitions, Battle Traits, Honorifics, and Crusade Relics that are unique to the Space Marines
– And more!
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 Core Book to use the rules included in this codex.