The Wurfrahmen 40 (literally “launch frame 40″) was a German World War II multiple rocket launcher. It combined a vehicle such as the SdKfz 251 halftrack with rocket artillery to form a more mobile and slightly more protected artillery piece than the towed Nebelwerfer. It was nicknamed Stuka zu Fuss (“Stuka on Foot” or “Walking Stuka”) and Heulende Kuh (“Bellowing Cow”).
Introduced in late 1940, the weapon system consisted of a framework with adjustable base plates fitted over and alongside a vehicle which could hold 300 mm high explosive (HE) rockets; 280 mm HE and 320 mm incendiary rockets were also used, the rockets themselves being fired while still in their loading crates.
- 1 resin Sd. Kfz 251 ‘Stuka zu Fuss’
- 2 metal crew members
- metal pieces for detailing