The beginnings of the UCM were bathed in fire and blood. The alien Scourge attack on Earth and the Cradle Worlds left humanity reeling. What was left of the fleet fled to the Colony Worlds to lick
their wounds for 150 years. In the colonies life is bleak and hard, but relatively safe from invasion. Humankind toiled for that time, building a brand new army and a new fleet with emerging technology.
In this militaristic state, the United Colonies of Mankind was born. Gone were the lavish ways of old Earth, replaced by frugality and utilitarianism. Their fleet reflected their existence, as simple, mass-produced ships that accomplish their goals with little pomp or ceremony. Entire armadas leave the shipyards on an almost daily basis, grinding the war machine every forward to take the fight to the Scourge and any others that might get in their way.
Now, almost two centuries later, the UCM have arrived at Earth: the focal point of their Reconquest.
This box contains an entire UCM Battlefleet, with (almost) everything you’ll need to raise a fleet for your games of Dropfleet Commander. This set contains a mix of plastic and resin ships, which provide a solid core for your fleet and some more advanced ships to fill particular roles. Add just aand and you’ll have everything you need for your new fleet.
The plastic Cruisers and Frigates can be assembled in dozens of ways, each with a very specific place in the fleet. From the up-armed Cobra Heavy Lasers of the St Petersburg Heavy Cruisers, all the way down to the troop landing capacity of the New Orleans Strike Carrier.
Each ship comes with a multi-part plastic base and flight stand to keep track of your damage, orbital layer, fire arcs, energy status and ship names.
The UCM have heavy armour and balanced weaponry, making them an excellent starter faction.
This box contains:
- 1 Resin UCM Battlecruiser, which can be built as either a Johannesburg or a Perth. Typical length 132mm, 12 parts per ship (including optional ones).
- 6 Plastic UCM Cruisers. These multi-part plastic sprues contain 28 parts each (including optional ones), and can be assembled in 9 different classes, including Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Fleet Carriers, Light Cruisers, and Troopships! Typical length 107mm.
- 8 Plastic UCM Frigates. These multi-part plastic sprues contain 4 Frigates, which – using the 38 parts on each sprue (including optional ones) – can make up to 5 different classes, including Frigates and Strike Carriers. Typical length 65mm.
- 3 Resin UCM Corvettes, in a single piece with typical length of 49mm.
- 56 UCM Command Cards & 33 Activation Cards.
- 2 Fastplay cards.
Contains 14 multi-part plastic miniatures and 4 resin miniatures, all with multi-part bases, 89 playing cards, and 2 fast play cards.
Resin miniatures supplied unpainted and unassembled. This kit will require cleaning and assembly, and could need some small holes filled.