How to find us:
We might look out of the way, but getting to us is fairly easy!
Simply putting ‘The Outpost Sheffield’ into Google maps should bring you right outside the store. Just look for our signs on the wall either side of the entrance door.
If you don’t have access to Google maps or similar services, then we’re just past the Rutland Road junction (heading towards Hillsborough), pretty much opposite a small car park.
If you’re still struggling, then keep an eye out for The House Skate Park and Sheffield Kitchen Supplies as landmarks. If you follow the front of the Kitchen Supplies shop around the corner directly away from the skate park then you’ll be heading in the right direction.
While unfortunately the above car park can’t be used before 1800 weekdays, there is plenty of parking close by. Outside the store is single yellow lines but please observe the restrictions present at certain times during the, just around the corner, back towards Rutland Road; there is a full side street with no parking restrictions. If you’re not a fan of on street parking, then the Wickes on Rutland Road (less than a 5 minute walk) usually has plenty of space and currently have no cost or monitoring.
For anyone using public transport we’re easy to get to with both Tram and Bus.
Both the Yellow and Blue lines go within 10 minutes walk of us.
- Catch either route anywhere in the city heading towards Middlewood for the yellow line or Malin Bridge for the blue line, which should average about 5 minutes between services at peak time.
- Go past Sheffield University and Shalesmore and alight at the Infirmary Road stop.
- Cross the road at the nearby crossing and continue on down the side road onto Penistone Road: you should see Wickes in front of you.
- Cross Penistone Road and keep going past Wickes until you come to the next set of traffic lights which will be the Neepsend Lane junction.
- Turn left and keep going until you see the signs as above.
- To return just make your way back to Infirmary Road and the tram stop into city is on the other side of the road.
The 7 and 8 or 8a bus routes service our nearest stop every 10-15 minutes through the day.
- Catch any of these services (which can be First or Stagecoach) towards Ecclesfield from the city centre stops at Eyre Street (ES6) Arundle Gate (AG7) or Castle Street (CG10).
- The bus will go across the new ring road (Derek Dooley Way), go through Kelham Island and down Neepsend Lane.
- Press the bell just before the next set of traffic lights; the junction of Rutland Road.
- The bus should stop just after the junction and if you continue on down that road you’ll find us on the right, as above.
- To head back the bus stop is just a few yards back down the road on the same side as the shop.
Need more help?