If you enjoy working in the tabletop gaming industry within a diverse team of enthusiatic people then we are the place for you!
Please check back regularly as these will be updated as new positions become available.
Store Manager – Tabletop Wargame Shop (Sheffield)
Do you love tabletop miniature games?
Do you want to help shape the future of The Outpost?
Are you enthusiastic, hard working and independent?
Do you love tabletop miniature games? (again)
The Outpost is looking for a full time Store Manager to join our Sheffield team. We are company dedicated to inclusivity, community interaction and personal development with our team members being offered large amounts of autonomy whilst being supported by a skilled and diverse team. Initially the role will work closely with other managers, as the job develops autonomy and decision-making authority will become more prevalent. If you’ve always wanted to run a store, this is the job for you!
This role is a perfect fit for a hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated individual looking for work within the exciting world of tabletop gaming.
The role is full time at 35 hours per week covering and will involve some evening work as well as weekends. There is some flexibility in hours and days for the right applicant.
The role will involve supporting the store team, liaising with the managing director, warehouse manager and other team members as well as working independently at times.
During busy periods the role will have customer facing aspects assisting with in-store interactions, e-mails and phone calls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting front of house team members with development plans.
- Training team members in retail practices through training days and reviews.
- Relaying and enacting company practices and policies.
- Learning and demoing new games to team members and the public.
- Building and painting in-store demo forces, cabinet armies and more!
- Ensuring high standards of presentation are maintained throughout the store and customer facing areas.
- Responding to customer queries and supporting other team members in this duty where required.
- Merchandising and arranging the store in an effective way.
- Organising and promoting in-store activities & events (gaming and hobby).
- Communicating in-store promotions and special offers to team and customers.
- Creating, scheduling and reviewing social media posting for store-based activities.
We operate an advanced back-office system, as such many of the traditional tasks of this role are automated or require minimal input. This role has some administrative work but is primarily hands on and hobby focussed.
For this role experience in retail is an essential, preferably in a management capacity.
A knowledge, enthusiasm and comprehension of the ranges we sell is also a requirement with experience of various hobby practices and techniques being ideal.
Key qualities we would like to see in an applicant:
- Motivated, positive, and passionate about “the hobby”
- High interpersonal skills
- Computer and Microsoft Office suite literate
- Ambitious and driven
- Strong communicative skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to problem solve
- Trustworthy and honest
This role is paid at £18-£24k per annum dependent on experience. There is a 3 month probationary period.
Additional company benefits include:
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount (after probation)
- Free access to gaming facilities
- Staff events
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications is June 30th