A new role has been created working as part of The Outpost!
We are advertising the position of Account Manager in our new distribution team based in Sheffield. This role is an exciting position within a rapidly growing company. You will get to see brand new miniatures and games ahead of the general public and even other stores. As well as helping bring brand new ranges and games to market!
You will be working alongside a fantastic, energetic and diverse team with a company growing at an incredible pace! Our brand new warehouse is rbeing filled with games from all around the world. We need you to help get them to the stores and people who really need to know!
Please note that this is not a sales position and does not work on a comission basis.
Applicants will require:
- A broad knowledge of the tabletop gaming industry.
- A basic understanding of the manufacturing processes in the industry.
- A confident telephone manner.
- Strong computer competency and able to learn new systems.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a diverse team.
The ability to manage workload and meet strict deadlines means the ideal candidate will work well under pressure and rise to the challenge of large scale releases.
Applicants will be responsible for:
- Contacting businesses and introducing the company; this includes explaining the services available, answering queries and relaying any concerns back to management. You will not be responsible for directly making sales.
- Responding to enquiries from new trade customers.
- Updating contact information and maintaining a communication channel with existing trade customers.
- Liasing with trade customers whenever required.
- Giving feedback and sales reports.
- Creating trade newsletters and a small amount of social media work.
- Dealing with any problems which may arise.
This is not designed as a sales role and the vast majority of work will be assisting retailers with their orders.
This is advertised with a starting salary of £18k-£25k on a 35 hour contract to be fulfilled Monday-Friday. There is some level of flexibility in the fulfilment of hours and a part time position would be considered initially for the right candidate. We also offer staff discount across all the ranges we supply.
We will strongly consider an applicant working from home after a period of training has been undertaken but a desk and work space in our Sheffield offices will be provided for the role.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org – please submit a current CV and covering letter.
The closing date for applications is September 25th 2020.
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after and invited to interview during October. We will also attempt to contact unsuccessful applicants, in the event of extremely high interest this may not be possible.
The successful applicant will then begin in the role with a training period of 5 days commencing on or around October 12th, during this time you will be taught how to operate our systems alongside current team members.
A probationary period of 3 months will follow.
We look forward to seeing your applications and good luck!